Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Artsy Fartsy

12 x 12 gallery canvas

details

Jake approves this blog post. Gracie doesn't care.
First, before I forget, more on the canine flu: my vet said the vaccine now on the market that is in short supply is not the strain of the current flu. Just like the human vaccines, the drug companies guessed wrong. And again, just like the human population, the flu is particularly bad this year, hitting the canine population a little late. The vet's office recommends watching your dog for symptoms, and calling them at the first sign. The vast majority of the dogs will be sick one to two weeks and recover. It is the dogs (just like their human counterparts) with weakened immune systems that will have a problem. I feel better about this, and hope you do, too.

I have a lot of new canvases. The one above was done in so many, many steps. It was inspired by something else I saw on Pinterest, and just didn't want to come together. So I would work on it, walk away, work, walk away for a few days, but kept coming back to it. The day the mood hit me, I finished this in less than one hour. And said it was done. Complete.

I have never been a big fan of abstract art until this year. Don't know why, don't really care. The colors and randomness make me happy, and that is all that matters at this point. Gracie ignores me when I enter the studio bedroom to work. Jake is ever at my feet, not leaving my side. Such a mama's boy. Bless his heart.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment