Friday, January 23, 2015

Inspiration Wednesday


I am suddenly obsessed. I now have 4 art journals going. Well, there are 2 more on the shelf but I haven't done anything in them for quite some time, so I am not going to count them. This is a smaller Dylusions journal, approximately 6x9 inches.

Starting the first Wednesday of this year, I joined Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday online class. It was only $35 for the year, and she is posting whatever she is doing in her journal every other Wednesday. This week was collage, with added paint and molding paste. I used molding paste, Donna used heavy gesso, which I don't own. Here is MY deal: I am trying, really trying to use whatever I have on hand, and not get into the madness of buying. Buying art and craft supplies is kind of like being addicted to some strange drug. Once is never satisfying, you must have more. And then more, and it isn't pretty. Soon you are in the aisles at Hobby Lobby, drool dripping off your chin.

The whole point of Inspiration Wednesday is to experiment with products, thoughts, combinations on paper so you can see what works and what doesn't. This spread could easily be translated onto a larger canvas, and I am thinking of doing exactly that this coming week. Ms. Downey is opening up my thinking on color combinations, and it's always fun to discover something new and exciting.

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment