Thursday, May 1, 2014

Frustration

Hibiscus from 2010

To make a very long story short, I am screwed.

About a month ago I downloaded a new operating system for my Mac. It is working beautifully. Faster. However, and this is a HUGE however, there is some glitch between Apple's new code for the Mac, and Adobe's code for their products. Adobe is the company that gives you Adobe reader and flash player for free. As far as this novice can tell, those are working. What is not working properly is my 5 year old version of Adobe Bridge, which came with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

I now have to do 2 steps to access my photos that are stored in Bridge. That is not a big deal. What is a big deal is the fact that if I create a new folder for new photos, it doesn't appear in Bridge at all. Finding an answer to this problem at the Adobe site is just not possible. Contacting them? Yeah. That became a tricky, slippery slope as well.

Once I find out if I can transfer all of my photographs on this computer to new software, I will make a purchase. Should not be a problem, but there are never any guarantees with the digital world, are there?

The above photos are of my pink hibiscus out front. I took these in 2010. It doesn't appear they made it through the second worse winter in Indianapolis history. Makes me sad. I also lost 3 5 year old hosta plants. Something dug up the roots this winter to eat, and they are gone. One was a Blue Hosta, and last year was magnificent. I will miss that odd color a bunch.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a better day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment